Clams w/ Noodles in a Yummy Butter Sauce!
Yesterday was my birthday, and I had the chance to make one of my favorite meals for supper: Clams with Noodles in a special sauce I enjoy making!!
Preparation/ Cook Time: 20 – 30 minutes
Makes about4 servings.
- 1 box of the pasta of your choice (this particular time I used a 1/2 bag of egg noodles, but I’ve also used spaghetti, and linguine pastas
- 1 bag of fresh clams (I was able to get a 50 count bag at my local grocery store for about $5.00)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- In a large frying pan, melt 1 stick of butter. While butter is cooking, scrub clams clean (still in their shells) with a scrub brush and hot water.
- When butter is melted add water, garlic, lemon pepper seasoning, and lemon juice.
- Before continuing, start cooking pasta in a pot of boiling water. Drain pasta when it is cooked. I find it easiest to have the pasta cooking while I’m cooking up my clams that way the noodles and clams in buttery sauce get done at about the same time.
- Place clams in frying pan (do not stack clams on top of one another). Cover with lid and let cook on medium – high heat for about 5 minutes until all clam shells pop open! (Once all of the clams are “popped” open, that means the clams are cooked thoroughly. If you come across any clams that are not opened after cooking, discard them! We don’t need you eating bad or uncooked seafood!)
- Leave buttery mixture in frying pan, and remove all cooked clams. I put all of my clam shells in the garbage can and the clam meat in a bowl. Continue cooking up the rest of the clams in the same way until all are cooked. Add more water to buttery mixture if needed.
- ** There’s no need to dump buttery mixture into bowl of clam meat in between each round of clam cooking if you are doing a large amount at one time. The more clams you cook in the buttery sauce, the more flavor gets added! 🙂
- Place noodles in a bowl or on a plate (whichever you prefer!). Top with cooked clams and buttery garlic and lemon pepper “sauce”. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top if desired!
I enjoy having my clams and noodles with either garlic bread or crackers. If you are not a fan of eating the clam meat whole, feel free to mince it up. Adding chopped or minced onions to the mixture in place of the lemon pepper seasoning is also an option! Enjoy!!